FearLiss Ramblings

Monday, October 02, 2006

Quotes from the Edinburgh Comedy Festival 2006

I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

Marcus Brigstocke at the Assembly Rooms

>

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

Jimmy Carr

>

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears.

Chris Addison at the Pleasance

>

My dad is Irish and my mum is Iranian, which meant that we spent most of our family holidays in Immigration.

>Patrick Monahan at the Gilded Balloon

>

The dodo died. Then Dodi died, Di died and Dando died. Dido must be sh*tting herself.

Colin & Fergus at the Pleasance

>

My parents are from Glasgow which means they're incredibly hard, but I was never smacked as a child... well maybe one or two grams to get me to sleep at night.

Susan Murray at the Underbelly

>

Is it fair to say that there'd be less litter in Britain if blind People were given pointed sticks?

Adam Bloom at the Pleasance

>

You have to remember all the trivia that your girlfriend tells you, because eventually you get tested. She'll go: "What's my favourite flower?" And you murmur to yourself: "Sh*t, I wasn't listening... Self-raising?"

Addy Van-Der-Borgh at the Assembly Rooms

>

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help".

Mark Watson, Rhod Gilbert at the Tron

>

I went out with an Irish Catholic. Very frustrating. You can take the Girl out of Cork...

Markus Birdman at the Pod Deco

>

Got a phone call today to do a gig at a fire station. Went along. Turned out it was a bloody hoax.

Adrian Poynton at the Pleasance

>

Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time.

Demetri Martin at the Assembly Rooms

>

A dog goes into a hardware store and says: "I'd like a job please". The hardware store owner says: "We don't hire dogs, why don't you go join the circus?" The dog replies: "What would the circus want with a plumber". Steven Alan Green at C34

>

It's easy to distract fat people. It's a piece of cake.

Chris Addison at the Pleasance

>

I enjoy using the comedy technique of self-deprecation - but I'm not very good at it.

Arnold Brown at The Stand

>

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Milton Jones at the Underbelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home